Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim - SubhanAllah - Alhamdulillah - Laaa IlahaIllallahu - Allahu Akbar
'Assalamu-alykum-wa-rahmatullaahi-wa-barakatuh!'

Monday, December 8, 2008

The Supplication of Sacrifice

Lay down the animal parallel with the direction of the Qibla and utter the following prayer first:

Behold I have turned my face earnestly towards Him Who originated the heavens and the earth and I am not of polytheists. Behold, my salat, mine offering, my living and mine dying are all for Allah, Lord of the worlds. No partners hath He, concerning this I have been bidden and I am of the Muslims O Allah! (I offer this) to you and You gave it to me.

After reciting this prayers, Say



?Bismillahi Allahu Akbar?. (In the name of Allah Who is Great) and cut the throat of the animal with a sharp-edged knife. Having performed the slaughter, read this prayer:

?Allah! Accept this sacrifice offered by me as Thou accepted the sacrifice offered by Thy friend Abraham and that offered by Thy love one Muhammad. May Peace and blessings descend upon both.?

Although it is permissible to let someone else perform the slaughter of your sacrificial animal, yet it is better if you perform this act with your own hands. While you perform the slaughter, try to think and feel in the same way as you express through the words you utter at the time of sacrifising the animal i.e all that we have got belongs to Allah and it is all to be spent in His way only. The act of sacrificing the animal in His name is in submission to His will and if ever required we shall readily sacrifice even our own life in the way of Allah and shall be grateful to Him that He conferred upon us the honour of martydom by affording us an opportunity to shed our blood in His name.

No comments:

'Please Remember me in your Prayer's'